Sunday, January 22, 2012

how to survive a LDR (long distance relationship)

Blogging is not really my "cup of tea"(not that good in expressing my thoughts) but I was inspired by a very dear friend of mine Rizza with her blogs (and my sleepless nights, haha!!) so I keep on thinking what topic to write with my first ever blog and i guess the last one as well, hahaha. Anyway, as I was browsing my facebook page and bumped into the notes section saw this key tips (copy pasted long time ago) that somehow I find a bit worth reading... to add some spice with these tips I put random photos to make it more realistic. 


LDR a.k.a. Long Distance Relationship is not as easy as being spelled out but it is as hard as it sounds (long plus distance). 

More challenging YES, much exciting YES but for me it is the most painful one than the usual relationship people have nowadays. The most heartbreaking everytime you miss your other half.

The only thing that made me proud being a part of this LDR thingy is the thought that tough individuals only survived and for the past seven years I am in this situation I did survive so therefore 
I am TOUGH :)

And to enumerate few things about toughness, I know I am:
* tough enough to bear the pain every night that he is not with me
* tough enough to discipline our daughter on my own
* tough enough to resist temptation
* tough enough to do things on my own (plumbing, carpentry) 
* tough enough to love someone who is thousand miles away FAITHFULLY. 

I really don't believe when people say that LDR is not a long lasting relationship coz if you really have trust and faith that you'll gonna make it then you will surely have the best of it.



here are some key tips to surviving a 
LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP:



1. Communication is KEY! Without this important factor you can almost be certain your relationship is going to flop. Chances are that your special someone might be talking to someone they like that’s right where they are. That like might develop. So make sure to talk to them as often as you can to remind them why they love you so much. So even just a short email saying “Hey baby I’m a bit busy but you ran on my mind (as always) and had to send you a quick message. I love you”. Trust me it makes a world of a difference.


2. Do something special for your loved one once in a while. Surprise them. Send them an ecard, a poem, a pic of you holding up a sign saying “I miss you”. Make a video of you singing them a cheesy love song. Or if you’re daring, make something a lil more naughty . They’ll love you for it.





3. Webcams! Preferrably with mics! They totally help. You get the effect that they are there with you. I know it’s not exactly the same but it makes a world of a difference. You get to see them smile, bite their lips, scratch their head, eat, just like you’re there with them. And have a lil fun too Spice up some of your webcam sessions with a lil strip tease or something lol if you’re willing. (I personally dont trust the net, but whatever floats your boat lol).




4. Find a replacement for intimacy. And no I don’t mean cheating!! I mean improvise. If I MUST spell it out: cyber sex/phone sex or as stated above have some fun with the webcam lol. Warning: (You may have to help yourself out a bit if you know what I mean lol well just until you see your special someone again )






5. Be honest and open about everything. Honesty is very important. If you’re feeling lonely, or you feel yourself liking someone, don’t hide it. Share it with your partner. Work things out. When you bottle things up, things get worse so just let it all out. You may have a couple arguments, but which couple doesn’t?





6. Don’t give up. If you’re having any doubts just remember why you got together in the first place. Remember the love you share. How much fun you two have together. How they make you laugh when you’re feeling down. How they stayed up with you the whole night when you couldn’t sleep. How they were there for you when you were at your lowest. Just look back on all the memories you shared and look forward to new memories to come.





7. Don’t hold back your love! Just because you’re separated by distance doesn’t mean any of the feelings are supressed. Show them how much you love them as often as you can! And they never tire of hearing those three little words…




2 comments:

  1. ayayyy grabe na tips ato ma-pickup dri! hhhmmm... ma-try nga yang LDR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... im sure you did all of that already, you don't need to try! #samesentiments

    ReplyDelete